Traits / Habits of a Good Software / QA Test Engineer.

Working in the software industry for more than a decade, I find that sometimes I enjoy working with some software / QA testers more than with others. Digging a bit deeper into what makes me enjoy working with these people, I came to form a list of certain traits and habits which are common across these high performers. I strongly encourage you all to adapt these habits and distinguish yourselfves in your teams.
  • Extensive Product Knowledge
  • Extensive Domain Knowledge
  • Strong skills and abilities in test designing, execution and defect analysis
  • If complemented with a programming language or knowledge about a tool; then nothing better
  • Over a period of time – specialization in one of the tools / testing areas (Performance, Security etc.).

No comments:

Post a Comment